Good oral hygiene that includes daily preventive care, including brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop. Prevention is key!
Professional tooth cleanings and regular dental checkups are essential to prevent periodontal diseases, and should happen every 6 months.
Schedule your professional tooth cleaning and check-up now.
Call (203) 323-9277
In between regular visits to your dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
- Eat a balanced, nutrient dense diet
- Rinse your mouth with a mouth-rinse if advised by the Smile Sensations team
- Schedule bi-annual dental cleanings and oral exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
The following are indications of good oral hygiene:
- Teeth are clean and free of debris
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
Even with the best oral hygiene habits, gum disease can occur.